Saturday, March 18, 2023

I'm still standin' after all this time...

I logged back into my Blogger account today and realised it has been over a decade since I last posted here...😱😱😱😱

I was actually surprised I could still log into the account, apparently Blogger now uses Google authentication and it was able to link my gmail account and authenticate me without having to reset anything or identify myself. Impressive as it is, I know Google owns Blogger but I still found it strange and spooky..And Yes, I've become very paranoid in my old age 😁

But I digress..

It's hard to believe that so much time has passed. 

Back in 2011 I was full of excitement and ideas. I wrote about everything from my personal experiences to my thoughts on current events, and I loved every minute of it. 

I thought I needed a short break so I could concentrate on my job, family and other responsibilities that left me with little time or energy to write. Unfortunately, that break ended up lasting much longer than I had intended. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, and before I knew it, years had gone by without a single post on this blog.

So why am I writing this now, after all these years? Well, to be honest, it's because I've been feeling a pull towards writing again and a very close friend also stumbled on the blog some months ago and reminded me of some of the things I wrote about..

It made me realise that I missed the creative outlet that this blog provided. 

Anyway I am back here and in the immortal words of Reginald Kenneth Dwight (aka Elton John) - ''I'm still standin' yeah yeah yeah.."

@ijebuman

No comments: