I've always found it difficult to take the situation in Nigeria too seriously, certain things happen and you think it definitely has to be a joke, like yesterday's news story about the late arrival of the ballot papers from South Africa (that’s on my upcoming list of reasons why Naija is now the laughing stock of Africa), which Iwu accidentally revealed while responding to reports of soldiers intercepting a trailer full of ballot boxes stuffed with thumb-printed ballot papers. But i digress; i had a bit of a chuckle at this morning's report of an attempted attack on INEC's Hq in Abuja An overnight attack on election HQ in Abuja failed when a petrol tanker laden with detonators failed to explode.http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6578499.stmhttp://africa.reuters.com/nigeriaelection/top/news/usnL2116214.htmlhere's a top ten list of the reasons why it failed to explode;
1. The tanker was filled with water instead of petrol (as there was fuel scarcity)
2. The tanker was actually empty as someone had stolen the petrol and sold it on the black market.
3. The detonators were fake.
4. Someone got 'settled' and sabotaged the plan.
5. Its "Gods" will...
6. Someone had a vision, then fasted and prayed to prevent it from happening
7. The detonators were not set up properly but they decided "make we manage am like that"
8. The tanker was full of adulterated petrol as real petrol is too expensive
9. Actually it wasn't an attack, the tanker's brake failed and the driver lost control..
10. This is Naija nothing works
-----------------------------Ben TV now broadcasting onlineI'm not exactly a big fan of BEN TV but kudos to them for making their broadcasts available online (including election coverage from NTA)http://www.bentelevision.com/2007/home/homepage.phpYou can now enjoy Bisi Olatilo's vomit inducing show and more online ; - )
Labels: Nigerian Elections